Wednesday, September 16, 2009

RIP Alexander

Alexander passed away. I'm so sad. I haven't stopped crying. He never got to go outside, much less leave his crib. His short life was filled with procedures, boredom and pain. I know he's in a better place. He has no pain and is with God surrounded by love which he didn't have here. I know I should be comforted, but I'm still so sad. I don't know why he had to endure what he did, but his presence in this world affected me greatly. He'll always have a special place in my heart.

6 comments:

Tonya Staab said...

Oh no honey, how devastating. I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how much you cared about that little boy. He is now surrounded by loving arms, something that he so desperately needed. No more pain. no more loneliness.

Angela & Albert Fontenot said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Lisa. I know you had become attached to him. Very sad indeed.
angela

Sharlene said...

I am sorry that Alexander had to have a life on earth that was so tragic. And I am sorry you had to witness it. I know he is safe and perfect now.

Lois said...

So sorry.

debi9kids said...

Oh wow. I am so very sorry to see these past few posts. I just came on here and read...
The NICU is such a hard place, filled with so much pain and saddness and yet so much triumph at the same time.
Know that these littles ones are with the Lord now.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to read this Lisa - the life this special little boy lived on earth was not very much, but he is happy now...surrounded by hugs and love and smiles and warmth.
xo
Erin