Thursday, December 14, 2006

29 weeks

Wow, 29 weeks down, 7 more to go. Since things are going pretty well, I’ve upped my goal to 36 weeks. At 36 weeks, they may be able to come home with us and not need any NICU stay at all. Here’s what babycenter.com says about their progress right now, “Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (remember ours are 2lb15oz and 3lb4oz!) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to accommodate his brain — which is busy developing billions of neurons.”

Yesterday, my doctor was answering questions and easing my concerns. She told me that if the babies were to come now, they had a 95% of being fine. No blindess, no major problems that would stay with them permanently. Of course, they’re still too young and its best if they stay put. My belly feels heavier than usual and I’m beginning to have some leg pains at night. And the heartburn, don’t get me started on the heartburn. I’ve never enjoyed my tropical flavored TUMS more as I do now. Also, my fundal height measured at 38 weeks if it were a singleton. Sometimes I look in the mirror and think I’m not that big, then other times I feel positively huge.

In addition to the babies’ update, we got some additional good news yesterday. We have an offer on our Sac house. Unfortunately the market is bad and it’s a pretty low ball offer, but our agent is quite savvy and I think she’s going to be able to convince them of our counter offer. It’ll be such a relief to have that crossed off our list. Right now we’re paying 2 house payments which is financially taxing. As it is, we’ve asked our families to skip the gift exchange this Christmas. One, I can’t shop and two, we’re strapped from the move, the double house payments and the impending arrivals of our pea pods.

We’ll still have a nice Christmas. I think our families will come visit us now that we’re only an hour away as opposed to 6 hours. My sister’s daughter, Audrey, is 16 mos old. Even though she’s pretty young, she’s caught a glimpse or two of her Christmas gifts. It’s going to be fun watching her open presents. I also have another niece, Maggie, who’s 3 ½ that I hope to see more often now that we’re in So Cal. She has a 4 months old brother whom I still haven’t met – Ryan, my nephew! I was close to my cousins when I was growing up and hope the same for our kids.

1 comment:

Kj said...

ahhhhh :-) We hope to see a lot of our little new niece and nephew too. I'm really looking forward to being an aunt.

Great, great news about the house! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.