Wednesday, January 24, 2007

6 days!

As I mentioned, yesterday was a little weird. The day passed by so quickly it was a little freaky. I am pleased to say we ordered their cribs. With all the clothes we’ve got so far, we really needed a dresser to put them in. Plus, I’m not so sure they’re going to like the co-sleeper, so I feel better having the crib on hand just in case. I found a nice retailer in Montana who cut me a multiples deal (he has twins himself!) and charged no tax or shipping. The catch is we have to pick up the items from the manufacturer located in Montebello, which is about 30 minutes from our house. Hopefully we’ll be able to do that this week.
This is the crib we got. Here it's shown in Espresso, but we've ordered it in Antique White and Ebony.
I wanted this dresser in white, but they only had it in black.
And this dresser I wanted in black, but they had in white. Oh well, close enough!

I had my appointment this morning with the Peri. It was mostly a Q&A session. I brought my trusted little green notebook with all the questions. They took my blood pressure and measured my fundal height. I’m 41 weeks! Looks like I’ll have my amnio (they refer to it as a ‘tap’) on Monday at 9am. We’ll have the results at the end of the day. If all goes well, then I have to be at the hospital at 6am the next day, Tuesday.

Afterwards, we did the NST test. Baby boy is always so mellow. His heart rate is always about 20 beats slower than his sister. He’s way down below and wasn’t moving very much, so the nurse wanted to ‘wake’ him up. She showed me a small device that vibrates very slightly and has a buzzard which she assured me is no louder than a human’s voice. Both seemed harmless and she guaranteed it wasn’t harmful to the baby. As safe as it seems, it jolted him awake. His heart rate went from 140-150’s to 180-190’s! It’s never been that high before. His sister is usually in the 160-170’s range and he surpassed her. I felt so sorry for him. I felt like we gave the poor little guy a heart attack! But the nurse got the heartbeat accelerations and decelerations she was looking for.

It’s so hard to believe this time next week; our family will double in size. Oliver will have 2 new roommates. And btw, the hospital does not have wi fi so I won’t be able to log on for several days. If you haven’t already, remember to email me your home address at lisarj@gmail.com if you want a birth announcement!

p.s. In case you’re wondering, Mike was able to find Hawaiian Punch. At the 99 cents store of all places. I’m telling you, it is sooo good. The only complaint I have is Mike seems to be drinking half of it!

No comments: