Thursday, January 4, 2007

OMG - 32 weeks!

It’s hard to believe this is the moment I’ve been waiting for. 32 weeks! I’ve been pregnant for 225 days and I’m in my 8th month of pregnancy. Now that it’s here, it seems too early for them to arrive. Just 4 more weeks, guys! Hang in there! According to I-am-pregnant.com, here’s what’s going on with the pea pods -

A baby born now has an excellent chance of survival, but will still need intensive help with breathing and feeding. Your baby is 42 centimetres long and weighs about 2.2 kilos (four and a half pounds). The body growth slows down from now on. Because of the lack of space in the uterus, the legs are drawn up in what is known as the fetal position. The baby sleeps 90-95% of the day, and sometimes experiences REM sleep, an indication of dreaming (what the heck can they be dreaming about considering they’ve only known the womb and its darkness?). As a preparation for breastfeeding, your baby has learned to root for the breast. The baby will turn its head if touched on the cheek and open its mouth if the bottom lip is tickled. By this time the baby can also suck and swallow in a coordinated way.”

Also, Mike has redeemed himself for not reading this blog. Last night he stayed up creating the birth announcement for the babies. Many of you know Mike’s pretty talented as a graphic artist. He’s mostly self taught, which impresses me. As I’ve mentioned, he’s got great taste and appreciates quality over fads. Had we not met, I might still have shabby chic or Santa Fe furniture (I’m exaggerating to make a point, I’m not that bad!). To get back to my original point, we spent last night creating the announcements and they’re really cool. I’m glad we did this, we created our own wedding invitations (which I think is still one of the most beautiful invites) and so it seems appropriate we create the birth announcements. If you’d like to receive one of the announcement cards, email me (lisarj@gmail.com) your home address (as well as email addy). Even if you’re sure we still have it, send it anyway. As my friend Marky-mark liked to remind me I have a major case of ‘B.I.B.O.’ (Babies In, Brain Out).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Alright, alright...I must confess that I have fallen behind in my blog reading. However, tonight I have caught up and plan to stay current with my subscription to this fantastic blog.


mj